Using Shelfari to Create Authentic Book Discussions

on Monday, December 8, 2008



This week I'll be teaching my students how to find, discuss, and review books on Shelfari.com. Some of my students helped create the video introduction (see above) by recording the narration. I used this video to kick-off the Shelfari project.

Today, I sent home the parent permission form and student agreement contract. In order for students to participate in Shelfari, they must return these forms.

Parent Permission Slip Shelfari
View SlideShare document or Upload your own.

If you're interested in using Shelfari with your readers, here the resources I created for this project (including my lesson plan):






Shelfari Book Review Template
View SlideShare document or Upload your own.



Shelfari Rubrics
View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment